Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back to School

Cecelia - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4

Cecelia started school in August at Westside High School.

On her second day at school, she called me.

"Hey, Miss A, I got kicked out of school."

What. The. Hell.

I picked her up at her house, and took her to eat pie.

She picked at her piece of apple with her fork, and told me the story across the dark green table.

"Those fucking Levas, they started saying shit to me from the beginning," she told me. "I'd walk down the hall, and they'd call me names, call out at me, tell me I was a bitch and a puta."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"What could I do, Miss A?" she asked. "I can't let those Levas call me out and talk shit about my set."

"So, what happened?"

"This dude, Ben, from Aves. He called me a puta this morning, and I just threw down. I started hitting him, Miss A, until he fell down, and then I kicked him until they pulled me off him."

"Damn..."

"You know Ben, right? His whole family is in Aves, some judge from Califas told them to leave the state, and they moved here. He killed Pee Wee last year, but nothing happened. No one would testify against him because they were all scared. So, we said we'd handle it on the street."

Cecelia got violated by probation for failing to attend school, and a warrant was issued for her arrest.

Part 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment