Friday, October 28, 2011

Cooling Their Heels

A week after Cecelia and Flaca were arrested, Judge V called me. "I've ordered Cecelia and Flaca to get in touch with you, apologize for their actions, and make amends," he told me. "Let me know when/if you hear from them, and how it goes."

"I'm not happy, Andy," I told him, "I'm still pissed. I invested countless hours of my time in each of those girls, and they repaid my trust and support with public humiliation. Do you have any idea how long it is going to take me to live this thing down with the guys?"

"Tell them," he said, "Those girls need to hear your anger, and understand how their actions caused you harm. I'm not going to release them from DT until they've made things right with you."

It took three more days after his phone call for Flaca to call me, her voice cracking through the phone: "Hey, Wedda, would you come visit me at DT? I need to talk to you."

"Okay. I'll come by tomorrow morning," I told her.

"Thanks, Wedda." Dial tone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment